Thinking about developing an application for future climate action funding but not sure how to turn an interesting idea into a great project? Delivered a CCF project before and thinking of how you might build on that?
We can help you make the best use of your time and energy to develop your initial idea into a plan for a project that:
- Has support from your community;
- Is worthwhile and achievable;
- You can communicate clearly to funders and others.
A Development Grant may be available from the Scottish Government’s Climate Challenge Fund to cover the cost of our support and other expenses such hiring a hall for community meetings etc.
Our standard Starter Pack includes:
- Three planning sessions in your community led by Pamela Candea or Osbert Lancaster exclusively for your group and tailored to your particular situation. The sessions will cover:
- Turning ideas into outcomes that funders want to support;
- Engaging the community and meeting local needs;
- Developing a project that will result in real change.
- Advice on planning and carrying out a consultation in your community.
- One to one consultancy support as you develop your project ideas into an application to potential funders.
At the end of this process you will be able to make an informed decision about whether to seek funding and, if you decide to do so, to prepare a high quality application.
Our approach is based on Shifting Normal – the methodology that we prepared on behalf of the Scottish Government to help communities to design and deliver a successful project to tackle climate change by taking account of what influences people to change their behaviour.
The Starter Pack can be tailored to your needs. It typically costs £1,200 plus facilitator travel and subsistence where necessary. Based in Edinburgh and Stirling we are happy to offer the Starter Pack across Scotland. Eligible groups can apply for the full cost plus additional expenses such as venue hire, to the CCF Development Grant via a straightforward application process.
Contact us to see if a Starter Pack is right for you and your group.